Thursday 15 December 2011

Sing it Sister!

So my gorgeous Sister, oh where do I start, a lot of amazing things come to mind, but those of you that know her, know she likes to sing, shout, croon, holler, whatever you want to call it! That girl just loves to sing at the top her voice and sees any opportunity as a singing competition, even if it is a wedding or funeral!

She’s had many memorable moments in her warbling ‘career’ over the years on and off stage, but the one that I really remember, or the one I was never allowed to forget as it was practiced, morning, noon and night with the volume on extra high was the unforgettable solo at a Christmas Carol concert at a Cathedral in the homeland:
‘silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
…………………..’’

Our Parents and Grandparents were ‘proud as punch’ but obviously I wasn’t jealous of the attention, just jealous of the voice,coming from me, the one that was ceremoniously asked not to return to choir, and not even politely asked to mime, I’ve kind of got the message now , even when I utter a tiny  squark I see my family snigger and cringe as they reach for the earmuffs, so in my own Little Wood Oven way, I want to dedicate these cakes to my super douper sister interpreted with their own little Christmas Carols, to get you all in the festive spirit
Mini Christmas Tree Cupcakes



O Christmas Tree, O Christmas tree,
How lovely are your branches!
In beauty green will always grow
Through summer sun and winter snow.
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
How lovely are your branches!

Holly Berry Christmas Pudding pops

The holly and the ivy,
When they are both full grown
Of all the trees that are in the wood
The holly bears the crown
O the rising of the sun
And the running of the deer
The playing of the merry organ
Sweet singing of the choir




Love you lots Sis, Peace Out/cake out!
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment