Saturday 12 November 2011

Santa's little helper

I don't usually allow myself to think about Christmas until that 1st window is open on the advent calendar and with a rustle of tinsel and a painful untangle of the antique fairy lights I gently ease myself into the festive season, but this year I thought i might dip my toe in early, i guess even Santa's helpers need a head start!



I've been asked to cater a friends party for her shop's Christmas Preview Party, so i wanted to come up with a few ideas. I didnt want to go the usual  christmas tree and holly line, but still very traditional with Santa as my timeless style icon in red and white, so here's Christmas The Little Wood Oven way, with lots of fairy dust, sprinkles, sugar, icing and most importantly, CAKE!







 I usually get slightly frustrated with how early business' and shops jump on the Christmas train, picking up momentum even before December has begun, but this year I'm embracing it, Christmas is coming, dust off the baubles, buy the party dress, simmer the mulled wine, watch Elf the movie, sing 'Last Christmas' ..... at the top of your voice, overdose on the mince pies(with extra cream) let the 'eat-a-thon' begin, lets do it properly this year, Little Wood Oven would like to be the first to wish you a very Happy Christmas 

Peace out/ cake out!

No comments:

Post a Comment