Monday 7 November 2011

Cake your heart out at The Cake Show

Last Friday i made a little trip to the NEC to The Sugarcraft and Cake Show, I was literally like a child in a sweet shop, i think it was nervous excitement about the unknown as I had never been before. As we got there i nearly broke out into a mixture of a skip, hop and trot with enthausiam almost smelling the fondant and chocolate in the air.

I was barely through the door and was hit by a crowd of people 3 deep, all huddled round a jostling stand, entrigued i jumped up and down (height not on my side) to see what all the comotion was about, and to my huge delight they were selling fairy edible dust! A whole stand devoted to making cakes come alive and send subliminal messages to be EATEN! From then on I knew this was going to be a great day.

The huge selection of products available was almost mind blowing, cake supplier shops are very hard to come by round my neck of the woods, so i was running around like a busy bee, soaking up the atmosphere, getting an insight into the amazing professional industry of cake and chocolate, i was literally floored by how nice and helpful everyone was, if a little shocked at how busy it was.

Here's a few of the amazing competition cakes, they were on a whole different level, a standard I have never seen before, with the most outrageous detail and thought, everyone was a winner in my book!









So it was trip completely worth while, i came home with a bag full of inspiration and lots of bits and pieces that i can't wait to put to use, so watch this space

Peace out / cake out!



No comments:

Post a Comment