Monday 24 October 2011

Cake Attachment Syndrome


I know I'm completely bonkers and I can admit that, cakes don't have feelings, but if its not mutual why do I towards them? I most definately love it when a cake is eaten, that innitial slice of a knife into a creation makes my mouth water, but if things don't quite go to plan, my bottom lip does wobble ever so slightly thinking of the time and effort of each little crumb.

So on this particular occasion I can definately see the funny side of it.......................now!
Infact its completely and utterly hilarious but dare I confess, that it did take me a while to get there, i think I need to have a word with myself about my serious 'cake attachment syndrome'

A very dear friend, asked me to bake a cake for a Halloween fundraiser, a cake that would be the prize if you guessed its weight. Big cakes still slightly scare me, i think its the fact that its the suspense that you cant try even a tiny morsal, untill the cake is actually finished and  thats assuming you're invited to the party, whereas with a cakepop or cupcake you can have a little try of the one that isn't quite so perfect, all in the name of taste-testing and not my rumbling belly! So I looked on some very elaborate cake websites, and scared myself, alot, hoping there wasnt any great expectations, but i knew my boundaries and settled on a very dark, heavy, fudgy, sickly, yummy (ok i think you get the idea) chocolate cake with chocolate butter icing, decorated with a white chocolate web and spiders on top.





The cake was successfully dropped off at my friends house for the fundraiser the next day, it wasnt perfect or completely out of the ordinary  but sometimes triumphant cake delivery 'intact' is sometimes out of my hands. I had a phone call the next day to say the cake hadn't actually got to the  fundariaser and was unfortunately and maybe embarrassingly eaten by her dogs, its lucky we're such good friends and by the sounds of things Ruby and Chocolate had really enjoyed it! I did have tiny stab of heart ache for the cake that was never enjoyed but definately can see the humour in it now.

There is a lesson to be learnt in this story, no more cake attachment for me, its a leaf to be remebered and put on my tree to sit proudly in my 'Little Wood' and besides i'm sure it will be one of many cake disasters to come.

Peace out / Cake Out! x




No comments:

Post a Comment